Monday, August 22, 2011

Grrrr... Google!

I love google, don't get me wrong! BUT, this Names Policy is just stupid. Jim and I have a shared account and have a very logical email address for that purpose: jimshiber.marysherwood@gmail.com.

At some point after I started my blog on blogspot, I needed to indicate how I wanted posts to appear. Naively, I decided Jim and Mary at the Beach would be a logical way for any posts or communiques to appear. His name is Jim, my name is Mary, we live at the beach.....

Google does not agree this is logical and, in fact, feels that this name might be nefarious and has suspended my privileges. I am not entirely sure this post will "post!"

This is very aggravating, to say the least. As a long time google user, I know that this violation has been detected and is being reviewed by a computer. I have filed an appeal and also have changed my name in the meantime (although I can't change it back for 30 days). I am not entirely convinced the appeal will be reviewed by a person.

It will be interesting to see how long this takes to resolve - hope not too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment