Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Travel Travel Little Mouse

Just read this article from Dumb Little Man Tips for Life - one of my favorites and, I assure you, NOT DUMB!

Backpackers vs. Glampackers: What Kind of Traveler Are You?


It was a good read and reminded me of my constant dilemma - deciding whether or not I am a Country Mouse or a City Mouse! 

You may remember this Aesop fable from your childhood. I am not sure why, but I think of it often as I travel for both work and pleasure. 

Country Mouse City Mouse reviews the lives of two cousins living two very different lives, one in the city and one in the country. Each feels the other's life is so much better, but after switching places, find each has its pros and cons!



Living in rural Delaware as I do, I love going to DC, Philly, Atlantic City, and Baltimore on a pretty regular basis - I often brag that I am two hours from anywhere and it is pretty much true. It is often nice to go to the city and have access to shopping and restaurants we may not have at home and especially nice to RETURN HOME! 

Last week I had an especially aggravating time with traveling to DC and then Crystal City. There was so much construction and traffic; it was raining on top of it all. I got home and declared. Ok, I am done wondering: I AM A COUNTRY MOUSE!

But, this week I am back to wondering. I guess I will always be a bit of each. When we do travel, we will often camp at a state park in a tent or a cabin. But, we can be found other times spending an inordinate amount of money to have a room with a view of the Canadian Falls or a shot of excellent bourbon we can't find in our local stores. 

The bottom line - it's good to have choices!  Traveling exposes you to people, food, and places you would not otherwise know about any other way. Appreciate where you are and plan where you will go. I know that is what I will do! 

I'd love to hear from you! Comment below....

Mary Sherwood, MS, CDMS, CCM
lifeworks@mail.com
Professional, Rehab, & Occupational Services, LLC
http://www.life-works.info
http://www.injuredworkerhelpdesk.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/marysevinsky
Landline 302.644.1827 | Mobile: 410.444.1989 | Skype Mary E. Sherwood



Let me know how you are doing or how I can help! 

Comment below or reach out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment